Please let my office know as soon you confirm your dates to DC and would like a constituent request tour. Two months or more notice is much appreciated (for tours including the White House, Capitol, and others).
While we do our best to fill every request we receive, due to the high number of requests we receive on a daily basis, not all tour requests can be filled. Please also note, during holiday seasons - tours may fill up quicker than expected.
What to expect weather-wise in DC?
- Jan - March expect on average temperature 20s-40s : Possible snow
- April - Oct expect average temperature 70s-80s : Possible thunderstorms
- Nov - Dec expect average temperature 60s - 40s: Possible snow towards the end of the year
Please always check the weather before your visit to DC.
Best time to visit DC?
- Spring and summer can be busy times in DC with lots of visitors.
- August is probably the least crowded time in the city - Congress is usually not in session, traffic tends to be lighter and less lines all around. Prepare for humidity.
- Fall is a less crowded time to visit than the other seasons.
Please also consider special events and holidays taking place.
What are the tour hours for the Capitol?
- The Capitol Visitor Center, the main entrance to the U.S. Capitol, is located beneath the East Front plaza of the U.S. Capitol at First Street and East Capitol Street.
- The Capitol Visitor Center is open to visitors from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday except for Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day and on Inauguration Day.
When is your office open? Can I stop by?
- Our office is open Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm. Of course you can stop by, we love to see constituents from FL-19!